Total Noise inside car

Peja

Mitglied
Fahrzeug
Dacia Logan Limousine 1.4 MPI (75 PS)+LPG
Hello friends!

I was reading some reviews, and as big minus was presented the road and engine noise at speeds bigger than 110 km/h. They have measure 71 dB with engine, and 65 dB without engine (at 120 km/h).

Since 70 dB is limit above which noise become annoying, they said that MCV would not be good for long trips.

What is your experience?

I own a Basic Dokker.

I have less noise absorbing material in my car then the versions above basic. It is a little bit louder then in a mercedes , but not that loud that i am annoyed.

The gearbox of my 1.6MPI Engine is quite short, so i have to shift early and the engine is always at high rpm.

Its not good for very long trips at high speed, but it works (and sounds) ok if i drive smooth at 110 120 kmh...

I have Dacia Logan MCV. I could not mesure any noise and I cannot compare with a Mercedes. All I can say is that I am not annoyed at all in any conditions even when I drive for long trips. My personal feeling is that there is not problem at all about noise. My car is Dacia Logan MCV, old and basic version with gasoline. I do not have actually any critic of my car. For me Dacia Logan MCV is the best car I had ever. So I am not a good reference. I am not very exigent.

Drived this summer to the Black Sea coast in Bulgaria and back, passing Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia. Also to Lago Maggiore and back to Hessen. All in all 5.500 km with average speed 130-140 km/h. No compliants about loud noise, so I could drive about 15 hours a day without problems. Of course, not such good isolated as big brands but not so bad at all. 1 year ago my car was a BMW X1 with allmost the same noise level.

• Themenstarter Themenstarter
Thanks, that review was for 1.2 16V MCV, and I suppose that problem is in gear-ratio, since 1.2 16V has shorter gear ratio than 1.5 dCi, so at diesel variant (for which I am interested in) noise from screaming engine would not be a problem at 120 km/h

The wind noise, which become dominant at 100 km/h+ speeds, can be suppresed with additional absorbing materials placed under roof metal plates.

Hi,

I guess everyone will have his/her personal level of "accepted noise".
To me (I'm not deaf nor hard of hearing :D) it's OK in my Logan MCV with gasoline engine. On the other Hand: I am only doing about 80,000 km/year, so maybe I'm not the best source.
Maybe it gets annoying if you drive a lot.

By the way:
  • I bought mine as a new one in 05/2012 and
  • today's reading is just over 200,000 km,
  • it still is on original brakes,
  • no (Zero :D) other repairworks done/needed except two windscreens, and
  • all regular services done in time at the Dacia-garage.
  • It drinks like 5.8 liters/100 kms (more than 95% highways at 120 km/h with cruise control),
  • no need for additional oil between the service Intervalls.
What else should I ask for from a cheap car like this? My total cost per single km is less than 0.19 EUR (car price [100% depreciation over 24 month], tax, insurance, services, fuel, tires, any other cost).

cu, MUC_DLC

...that review was for 1.2 16V MCV, and I suppose that problem is....
ADAC and other reviews are only advertising to the automotive industry. And the industry says our car has no noise, you feel like this inside or like that. Everything is theater. A car is only a car. All we need is a reliable mechanics with cheap maintenance costs. It is only a vehicle not an object for divine adoration!!! About noise aceptance: Can you accept to travel in the ICE or in an Airbus A320? Those vehicles are 10 times louder as every car independently of its gear ratio.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
It's not noise - it's music.

I have got a car radio in my Dacia only by accident. I don't listen to it, I don't even turn it on. Never. I could remove it, but then I would have a hole in my car and I don't like holes in my car. So it stays right there. But I don't use it otherwise. It's much more fun to listen to my Dacia, to the wild dance of the pistons and conrods, to the smooth running of the bearings, to the hum of the wheels, to the bubbling exhaust, to the gentle play of the wind with the genius shape of my Dokker, to the drumming of the raindrops on the thin tinroof, to the rattle of specially designed daciaparts, all in great harmony.

It's a godlike symphony. Awesome. I could listen to it forever.

Don't ever call it noise again.

I totally agree with Drifter. People who likes mechanics and driving like to pay attention to noise. I want to have fun with my thermal engine before Angela Merkel force us to use those stupid electric engines. One day it will be the end of this wonderful noise of the power.
But anyway, at least you have a breakdown of the exhaust line or something, any Dacia car isn't really special in regard to noise. They are normal cars.
I have only a critic to Dacia. And that is that it uses a rubber drive belt that you have to change. I would like to have a metallic chain instead. But they don't because it would increase at some level the noise. What a pity!

Dacianer.de - die Dacia-Community

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
ahd
Zurück